Friday, February 13, 2009

February

If she didn't look so much like Christian, I would swear Leah is not my child. She has recently started climbing everything--the table, the stove, the kitchen shelf, and the child "safety"gate that keeps her from going upstairs. Last week, after I put her in her bed for a little "time-out," she climbed out of her crib. It scared the crap out of me. My other two girls never even attempted to climb out of their crib which they slept in until age 3. She colors on the floors and the walls and her self. She does all these things and more with a wicked little smile. Her lack of fear is so different from her sisters... is this what having a boy is like? If so, God have mercy!

Sydney learned how to ride her bike last month and is now riding it to school with the neighborhood kids. She has been sick all week with a fever and although it has been fun having her home, it has been a little hectic with 3 kids around the house all day, again. She had her first sleep over at Anna's house, her BFF (their words, not mine.) She had fun, and Jill slept in Leah's room, which was fun until they both woke up at 5:30am. She is not in to Hannah Montana anymore which is pretty nice.

Jill has a rough life...which she admits, freely. The other day she said that "Daisy has a better life than she does." Oh, my little scorekeeper. Her imagination is always on the go, she loves to pretend play especially as an animal. She has been doing mischievous things lately like, writing in pen all over her legs and writing backwards J's on the tile floor in crayon (she now realizes that no one write J's like that but her.) Is this a cry for attention? Probably, and it works. She wants me to start taking Zyrtec so we can get a dog (I am allergic and yes, she watches way too much TV.)

Christian is going to build us a garden, he has become quite the landscaper. He actually admitted to me that he would like a boy and I told him that adoption is always an option. He brought me home a large caffeine-free diet coke after work and let me go get a pedicure. Sometimes, he really can get it exactly right. The weather is perfect right now, and its so fun to go outside in the afternoons and let the kids ride bikes.

4 comments:

Syphus Circus said...

Candacy, boys do climb and get into things, but each one is completely different, just like your girls! Maybe we could trade for a week or so, then I'd get a girl and Christian could have a boy...ha ha ha!

Stacey said...

So was the large diet coke and pedicure an attempted bribe for another shot at a boy? :)

Emily S said...

I was going to say the exact same thing as Stacey . . . but also, yes, that is exactly how Josh acts and how Noah is starting to act, so don't know if it's cause they're boys or just crazy, but I always have footprints on my table and fingerprints on my light fixture. And I make Josh hide in the closet when I get him a treat because if he knows where I got it from, there is no place in the house he couldn't find a way to get to. And so sad about Jill's life. It seems that she and Christian are in cahoots - Zyrtec is the only allergy medicine you can take while pregnant . . .

dietcokegrrl said...

I love this post! So fun to hear how everyone is doing! Jill is so funny!!

And WHY and I am JUST NOW finding out that you have a blog? I had to do a little blog-hopping to find it... I miss you guys!

our blog is www.dorisandsam.blogspot.com